CERTIFIED CONTRACTING GROUP
Sr. Roofing Project Manager
About the Opportunity:
Certified Roofing Specialists, Inc. was established in 1986 and was built upon a foundation of integrity, respect, relationships, results and safety. We are a highly respected company that is actively growing and we consider our employees one of our most valuable assets. Our primary goal is to provide the highest level of customer service while maintaining quality when performing roofing, waterproofing and construction services for our clients.
We are seeking a skilled Project Manager to join our team. This position reports to the Director of Operations. The Project Manager is responsible for overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting, and control, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards. The project manager responsibilities span a broad spectrum, covering all the areas of project management such as; Cost, Time & Quality Management, Project Planning, Contract Administration, and Safety Management. The successful individual must assume a leadership role in managing the entire life of the scheduled projects. The ideal candidate will have at least 5+ years of Commercial Roofing/Construction experience.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Planning the entire project life cycle; including identifying critical path items, extended lead times, resource allocation, and development of the project schedule.
* Working with the Estimating Department and/or Project Ownership in any value engineering as needed.
* Permitting - Apply for and secure permits and manage inspection process with regulatory agencies through final inspection.
* Order the fabrication of metals such as drip edge, flashing, coping, etc.
* Reviews and approves all shop drawings and submittals.
* Maintains updates and reviews job cost reports to ensure financial success of the project
* Monitors, reviews and approves all vendor invoices and subcontractor applications for payment.
* Communicate well and frequently with the Owner, Owner’s representatives, designer/ consultants providing updates and acknowledgements as necessary.
* Distribute and manage RFIs, submittals and change orders using our construction software.
* Manage the jobsite superintendent’s use of daily logs and photos using our construction management software. Identify and resolve anomalies as needed.
* Distribute weekly job reports, including jobsite progress photos, milestones, inspection status and agenda of items for discussion. Record and distribute minutes of weekly calls.
* Coordinate with Superintendent ensuring all safety rules set forth by company and governmental regulatory agencies are complied with and that hazardous conditions are reported and corrected.
* Bringing about optimum utilization of resources, labor, subcontractors, materials and equipment, ensuring their procurement at most cost-effective terms within the job budget.
* Establish and maintain excellent relationships with clients, designer/consultant, material suppliers, and subcontractors.
* Development of effective communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts among the various participants
* Project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking of team expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project
* Coordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the architects, consultants, sub-contractors, laborers, and other trades.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements for consideration:
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret construction documents, contracts, and technical documents
* Ability to write reports, and effectively present information and respond to questions from Management, Clients, and Subcontractors
* Competent in using Microsoft Office products, including MS Project
* Educational background in construction management
* Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local building codes and safety laws
* Knowledge of permitting, review and inspection process.
* Experience working in a collaborative capacity with clients and their designer/consultant.
* Excellent communication and organizational abilities, including the ability to write competent and clear email correspondence to all levels of management.
* Ability to keep calm and organized under pressure and within fast-paced schedules.
* Ability to seamlessly adapt and react to changes in the client’s needs and the project
* Ability to lead discussions and manage the expectations of the entire project team including owner, owner’s representative, field personnel and internal management.
* A proactive approach with the ability to anticipate and resolve potential issues before they occur. * Effective time management and logical decision-making ability
Please submit all of the following documents for application for this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered:
* Cover letter introducing yourself and outlining your professional experience and why you believe you are the ideal candidate for this position.
* Current resume.
* Project list, including project size, type, location and your personal responsibilities and contributions to each project, as well as photos of the completed projects (if available).
* Minimum of three current professional references with contact information.
Our talented team strives to ensure the highest quality workmanship and to create the most positive project experience possible. We enjoy working closely with building owners and industry consultants to realize project goals on time and within budget. We strongly believe in close communication to ensure a well-managed project approach
Please no phone calls. Only qualified candidates complying with the submission of the requested documents will be considered. We look forward to hearing from you!
Commercial Roofing Sales Associate
Certified Contracting Group is an experienced commercial roofing contractor based out of Pompano Beach, Florida. With over 30 years of experience, we are a consistently growing General Contracting, Commercial Roofing, and Solar Energy Technology firm looking to add qualified talent to our sales team. A qualified individual will be someone with sales experience and a solid background in roofing. Certified Contracting Group offers a rewarding work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. We have a drug-free workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, or disability. Supported by training and development programs, our team appreciates working in a collaborative, creative, and open environment. We hire and nurture talented professionals who share our values and our vision. We bring to each project superior service, exemplary quality, a complete focus on the customer, and always, remarkable results to each project. We know at the end of the day, it’s our people who make the difference. Each of our professionals is committed to excellence, willing to work as a team, and has the ultimate desire to do whatever it takes to achieve total customer satisfaction.
Qualifications & Job Requirements:
- Prior roofing sales experience preferred (min of 3 yrs exp in trade industry)
- Experience with various types of roofing systems preferred
- Be able to inspect and accurately measure roofs
- Able to problem solve for roof leaks and create a plan to repair
- Perform accurate roof inspections and be able to generate professional reports based on those inspections.
- Generate leads for future projects
- Must have a valid driver license and insurance
- Must possess exceptional people skills, work ethic, drive and integrity
- Outgoing, energetic, positive personality
- Professional and respectable demeanor
- Self-motivated, goal setting, and eager to succeed
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively
- Ability to learn and implement today’s top marketing and selling techniques
- General computer knowledge including Microsoft word and excel
What sets Certified Contracting Group apart from the rest:
We offer a full range of benefits that meet or exceed industry standards
- Compensation packages include salary plus commission or draw against the commission.
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Paid vacation and holiday plan
- 401K plan
WEATHER-TECH ROOFING & WATERPROOFING, INC.
Roofing Estimator/ Project Manager
Provide and/or coordinate full estimating services on large, complex work and all types of contracts. Provide overall management direction for the planning, execution and closing of four or more projects at any one point in time.
1. Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and man-hour figures.
2. Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
3. Provide complete conceptual (or bid work) and final estimating input on complex projects.
4. Provide technical support to personnel preparing discipline estimates for assigned bids.
5. Insure all working documents and data are maintained to back-up estimate figures.
6. Assist contracting department during preparation of inquiries and final evaluation of submitted bids as required.
7. Track awarded contracts as required - may include estimating/pricing extra work items, change orders, credit; procuring materials, etc.
8. Working with other departments to evaluate rates for estimating
9. Design Roof Cad drawing
9. Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Plan, organize and schedule the activities of construction managers and subcontractors to achieve project objectives.
- Liaison with building owner to facilitate construction activities.
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Represent company in project meetings, assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with Clients.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives.
- Oversee total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, A/E representatives, union officials, subcontractors, security, etc.
- Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures, standards, etc., are adhered to. Interpret policies as required.
- Maintain official project log and documentation files.
- Assist with implementation/interpretation of safety programs.
- Provide direction to planning, scheduling, and engineering functions as required.
- Contract review to understand project requirements and constraints.
- Develop and send out bid requests to Engineers, Subcontractors, Vendors, evaluating the responses to award contracts based on price, value, experience, customer service, etc.
- Review Engineering drawings to ensure proper system design to meet customer’s needs and deliverables of contact.
- Facilitate weekly project meetings and track actions items
- Risk Planning and mitigation throughout project lifecycle
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, & EXPERIENCE:
Educational and experience requirements include: 4 year degree or equivalent combinations technical training and/or related experience. 5-8 years estimating, cost control, and/or engineering experience (at least 4 years estimating experience) in similar commercial roofing. Thorough knowledge of company procedures, estimating techniques, all engineering disciplines, cost control systems and accounts required. Ability to estimate all types of projects/contracts, plus ability to coordinate and supervise group work effort essential. Knowledge of Miami-Dade Codes preferred.
IV. EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY
--Minimum 18 years of age
--Successful background investigation
--Successful Pre-Employment Drug Test
--CC-C024413 EOE DFWP
Please contact Bob Fitzgerald at 954-292-4435.
Resumes can be sent to his email [email protected]