Jacqui Tew Charity Re-Roof Project
RCASF joins with CBS4’s Neighbors4Neighbors to Help Family in Need
Roofing Contractors Come Together to Re-Roof the Home of Jacqui Tew Prior to the Holidays
[Miami]- With the generous support of local roofing contractors and associate members, the RCASF was able to provide a new roof to a family in need just prior to the holiday season.
CBS4’s Neighbors4Neighbors brought the need of Jacqui Tew and her daughter, Jade to the attention of the RCASF via Board Member, Rob Foote. (Frank H. Furman, Inc.). Mr. Foote elevated Jacqui’s story to the RCASF Board of Director’s and the Association quickly deployed all available resources to assist Ms. Tew.
Jacqui Tew was in foster care from the age of 4 until the age of 18. She was taken from her parents at age four because they were drug addicts with psychiatric disorders whose neglect resulted in the death of Jacqui’s brother at age two. Jacqui’s parents are now deceased. Jacqui graduated from high school and, at age 19, became a single mother to Jade Tew, now age 11. Jacquiworked for many years at Publix and managed to save up enough money to buy the small house in Liberty City in which she and Jade reside. Jacqui is now attending college at Miami-Dade Community College.
As a result of an injury to her right leg and foot, Jacqui has difficulty walking without a brace. Jacqui has been a superb mother to Jade. Jade’s father has never cared to meet Jade or financially care for her. Jade plays in the Miami Music Project Children’s orchestra and attends a Miami magnet school for gifted child musicians.
The Tew house was badly in need of repair, especially a new roof. After inspection, it was determined that the gift of a roof would mean that Jacqui and Jade would not be homeless.
RCASF issued a call to action to members asking for donations and manpower to complete an entire re-roof in one day. RCASF would like to thank the following members for their participation:
• John Chase, Chase Roofing- On Site Project Manager
• Silas McHenry, JGA Beacon- Project Manager: Coordination of Materials & Delivery
• Rob Foote, Frank H. Furman, Inc.- Permitting Fees
• Paulo Souza, PSI Roofing
• Gene Fall, Certified Contracting Group
• Bob Fitzgerald, Weather-Tech Roofing & Waterproofing
• Chris Schulte, Latite Roofing
• Gary Waldrep, Olen Waldrep & Sons Roofing
• Robert Borowski, Allied Roofing
• Tibork Torok, Bob Hilson & Co.
• Michael Kornahrens, Advanced Roofing
• Raquel Eagle, Soprema for the donation of the bulk of the roofing materials.
|1 - 1 of 1 Album|